Dogbone and Lower engine Mount / MQB / MQB EVO / ONLY FOR ALUMINIUM SUBFRAME
mail Contact us by e-mail
phone or by phone at +33 4 67 13 88 10
Information : our customer service is fully operational and our delivery are guaranteed
To harness your power increases, and transfer that power to the road or track where you need it, Racingline Performance Engine Mounts will give a much more solid drive, and crucially give additional durability.
The Racingline Performance Engine Mounts are certainly not one of the most exciting or visual modifications that you can do to your car! But they are truly one of the most worthwhile for anyone who appreciates the driving dynamics of their car. Almost everyone who tries these mounts on a Golf or Scirocco wants them.
WHAT DO THE ENGINE MOUNTS DO?
The whole engine and gearbox is located in only three places. One at engine-side plus another at the end of the gearbox which support the weight of the whole drivetrain, plus a third torque arm underneath the engine to contain the fore-aft movement (often called the pendulum or dog-bone mount).
The standard car uses very compliant rubber in these mounts to give a soft take-up of power and isolate the cabin from drivetrain noise. For a daily driven standard car, these bushings do a good job of keeping cabin vibration to a minimum. But when you ask more of these mounts, with higher power or hard driving, the flex in the bushes becomes very noticeable. This gives a slightly loose feeling to the drivetrain and an increased chance of wheel-hop under hard acceleration as the whole engine and ‘box assembly judders.
If your car produces high power, or has covered quite a few road miles, or is driven hard, the softness of these three standard rubber mounts allows more and more movement as you come on and off the power. With worn mounts, we have even seen failures of the exhaust manifold and driveshafts as the whole drivetrain shifts around under load.
WHAT DIFFERENCE DO THE Racingline Performance MOUNTS MAKE?
The Racingline Performance engine mounts stiffen the whole location of the drivetrain greatly to give a much crisper feeling to your car. This means no more jerky behaviour on and off the throttle or when you change gear, and all-but eliminates ‘wheel hop’ off the line. Of course, a bit more noise from the drivetrain comes into the cabin, but most keen drivers love the sense that they are more ‘connected’ to their car.
As opposed to some aftermarket ‘push in’ bushes which crudely fill the voids in the factory mounts, the Volkswagen units are completely redesigned replacement mount assemblies. We specify a stiff urethane of 75A durometer which allows some movement within the mounts, and filters much of the drivetrain’s vibration but with a design that very significantly reduces the movement on each.
For most road cars, it is recommended to use the lower engine mount on its own, leaving the two upper mounts standard. This makes a huge difference to how the car drives, and is a pretty minimal difference to the cabin refinement. The lower engine mount on its own is one of our most popular upgrades for Golfs and Sciroccos.
For more heavily modified, track and motorsport cars, all three mounts should be upgraded.
16 other products in the same category:
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Bushing Black Rear Anti-Roll Bar 20mm Toyota MR2 (2 Pieces)The description of this product will be available soon.
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Heritage rear lower engine mout insert Diesel Seat Toledo (1 part)POWERFLEX Heritage Collection bushes are manufactured using modern day materials with properties based for the road. These dark grey coloured bushes will improve any collector’s car, whilst retaining the same standard appearance of a rubber bush. T ...
- POWERFLEX Powerflex bush for Rear Panhard Rod To Axle Bush Volvo 240 (1975 - 1993)Powerflex bush for Rear Panhard Rod To Axle Bush Volvo 240 (1975 - 1993) ...
- POWERFLEX Powerflex bushes for Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 28mm BMW E82 Série 1 M Coupe (2010-2012)Powerflex bushes for Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 28mm BMW E82 Série 1 M Coupe (2010-2012) ...
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Bushing Front Anti-Roll Bar BMW E46 Diameter 24mm (2 Pieces)SILENT-BLOCS de barre anti-roulis avant (24mm) pour BMW E46 Les SILENT-BLOCS POWERFLEX sont issus de la compétition, offrant ainsi une qualité et une rigidité exceptionnelles. Ils permettent une meilleure précision de conduite. Les coussin ...
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Bushing Black Front Anti-Roll Bar Mounting Bush Bmw E39 Diameter 25mm (2 Pieces)The description of this product will be available soon.
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Black Bushes Front Arm Front Bush Peugeot 307 (2 pieces)The description of this product will be available soon.
- POWERFLEX Powerflex bush for Powerflex Handling Pack BMW E36 Série 3 (1990 - 1998)Powerflex bush for Powerflex Handling Pack BMW E36 Série 3 (1990 - 1998) ...
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Bushing Front Wishbone Rear Bush Lower Avant Honda S2000 (2 Pieces)The description of this product will be available soon.
- POWERFLEX Powerflex bushes for Front Upper Arm Front Bush Volkswagen T4 Transporter (1990 - 2003)Powerflex bushes for Front Upper Arm Front Bush Volkswagen T4 Transporter (1990 - 2003) ...
- POWERFLEX Powerflex bush for Lower Engine Mount Bush Insert Alfa Romeo Giulietta 940 (2010 -)Insert for the original bush. An increase in noise and vibration is to be expected. This should be considered as a performance upgrade, not a standard replacement. ...
- POWERFLEX Silent bloc de barre anti-roulis avant 28.5mm Porsche 944 85-91 Black seriesSilent bloc de barre anti-roulis avant 28.5mm Merci de vérifier le diamètre de votre barre anti-roulis avant de commander.Vendu par : 2 pièces ...
- POWERFLEX POWERFLEX HERITAGE Front Subframe Rear Bush 12mm Audi Coupe QuattroThis Powerflex front subframe rear bush 12mm is suitable for the Audi Coupe Quattro. Sold by 2 parts. ...
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Front Anti-Roll Bar Peugeot 306 17mm (2 parts)The description of this product will be available soon.
- POWERFLEX Powerflex Bushing Black Front Anti-Roll Bar BMW X5 E53 (2 Pieces)The description of this product will be available soon.
- POWERFLEX Powerflex bushes for Rear Upper Rear Arm Inner & Outer Ford Mondeo (1992-2000)Powerflex bushes for Rear Upper Rear Arm Inner & Outer Ford Mondeo (1992-2000) ...